Friday, June 30, 2006

Arnold Palmer day...



Seem to be waking at 5:55 every day! Laurie is usually up before me, already transacting business over coffee. I enjoy some coffee, then catch up on Wimbledon happenings. Let's see if ol' man Andre can defeat the young whippersnapper Nadal - seems doubtful!

This morning I wanted to see what new things were happening up at the mountain, and with clear blue skies, it was a great morning to take the short drive up there. The views were spectacular, with lots of wildflowers along the roadsides. Steamy clouds draped the lower slopes en route, but the summit shone in the morning sun. Still some snow on the upper reaches. The Swiftcurrent lift was running; they shuttle mountain bikers up so they can come careening down the slopes. I haven't done that little adventure. Yet! There was one new building going up near the base, but otherwise it seemed fairly quiet.

After talking with a number of locals about the mountain in summer, we're quite happy we have a place in the meadow. The Big Sky Town Center is really coming along, with new buildings, boutiques, restaurants, etc. opening all the time. Yet we are isolated from the traffic of that.

Kevin and I had a date with the Arnold Palmer designed Big Sky golf course at 11:10. He rented clubs. I used the old ones stored here in the owners' closet. This has to be the most scenic golf course I have ever enjoyed. In fact, golf is really a difficult, trying, game. But played in this unbelievable set of surroundings, even golf is really fun! I had no pars in 18 holes, but several bogeys and double bogeys. Hey, if it has a name, I'm happy! I lost 2 or 3 balls and found 4, so I was ahead in that department. Anyway, check out this scenery. Please ignore my horrible form. I love Big Sky!

No comments: